Help! I’m not qualified for any job!!
- Speaking with management in that particular department to determine what the details of that job consists of;
- Speaking with individuals who actually perform the job, to learn what their duties really are on a day to day basis;
- Looking to other organizations to determine what the job role description should consist of (as well as the pay scale);
- Reviewing sites like the “U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics” to search the “Occupational Outlook Handbook” to help identify “duties, education, and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations” (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016);
- Reviewing other job sites like Indeed or CareerBuilder to determine how they advertise for a particular job;
- Speaking with job seekers who actually obtained a particular job that had extreme details and qualifications, to determine how realistic the job description they applied for actually were.
“Joi Su”, has been diligently working to help bridge the gap between what people expect in any organization and what they receive. Joi Su has earned a Master’s degree in Organization Development and a Bachelors in Psychology with an emphasis on Applied Behavioral Analysis. View all posts by theimperfectorg